Upgrade to 3.0.x - MissingMethodExceptions on GORM finders in Unit Tests

Silvio Wangler

Sep 15, 2015, 3:39:24 AM9/15/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
Dear Grails users,

After upgrading a Grails 2.5.1 application to Grails 3.0.6 I am having troubles to get my unit tests working again. I am getting strange MissingMethodException on GORM finders and I am really stuck on this. Did something essential change in Grails 3.x when it comes to unit testing?

Kind regards
Silvio

Silvio Wangler

Sep 23, 2015, 1:36:25 AM9/23/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
I am still struggling with this issue and it hinders me upgrading to Grails 3.x. Can someone of you point me the direction?

Help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Sergio Michels

Sep 24, 2015, 8:12:24 AM9/24/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Your bug is fixed now, thanks to Graeme :-)

--
Sérgio Michels

Graeme Rocher

Sep 24, 2015, 10:07:18 AM9/24/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com, grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Yup, thanks for the reports

Graeme Rocher
Grails Project lead

Paul Waldo

Sep 24, 2015, 1:00:53 PM9/24/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
I am having similar troubles with both grails 3.0.7 and 3.1.0.M1.  My previously working in (grails 2.4) tests are failing in "addTo" calls with a MissingMethodException. I grabbed the latest 3.0.x branch from Github (with Graeme's fix for issue 9262) but it didn't fix it :-(  I'll try to come up with a simple test case and create an issue.

Paul

Silvio Wangler

Sep 25, 2015, 2:49:36 AM9/25/15
to Grails Dev Discuss