Logging request payload

Alessandro Puccetti

May 10, 2020, 10:59:31 AM5/10/20
to Gorilla web toolkit
Hi,

I am new in programming go and I am trying to do a little project using Gorilla. I want to use the Logger handler to log all the requests but I would like to log also the payload. Is this possible without writing your own logging code from scratch?

Thank you

Alessandro Puccetti

May 10, 2020, 11:02:35 AM5/10/20
to Gorilla web toolkit
I am trying to replicate the NGINX access logs logic.

Matt S

May 10, 2020, 11:06:52 AM5/10/20
to goril...@googlegroups.com
Logging the body of a request is pretty uncommon (and also often a privacy issue) - should take a look at the blog post I wrote up on writing your own logging middleware here: https://blog.questionable.services/article/guide-logging-middleware-go/

Alessandro Puccetti