Just saying thanks

Tom Van Eetvelde

Oct 19, 2020, 6:54:40 AM10/19/20
to GWT Users
Hi,

I just wanted to say that I have been using GWT since 2009 and I never thought about sharing how much fun GWT has brought to my developer life. So I am doing it now :-)

To be honest, there are some libraries/toolkits out there that rise above the others. They have this intrinsic quality, they are open instead of restrictive on your coding style and when you need to take the extra mile in your dev work, the framework goes along, providing what you need. GWT is definitely among these.

GWT is the reason that I started browser UI development as a Java backend profile.
I am so happy GWT is still among us and I will be continuing to use this framework for many years to come.

Thanks for this great framework!

Boris Brudnoy

Oct 19, 2020, 10:22:27 AM10/19/20
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
+1

BORIS BRUDNOY
Web Software Developer

lofid...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2020, 12:13:56 PM10/19/20
to GWT Users
Yes, the same experience for me... For me GWT makes the development with Web browser a lot of fun! Especially today with Web APIs.
I cannot imagine to do these stuffs with JavaScript... I know today you could structure your JS app just like Java app but still... and if it were the case you don't need TypeScript today...

Great work and many thanks to GWT / J2CL teams!

Ralph Fiergolla

Aug 11, 2021, 10:30:41 AM8/11/21
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I agree without reservation! Using GWT since 2011 and really glad to see the 2.9 release working!

Craig Mitchell

Aug 11, 2021, 8:04:21 PM8/11/21
to GWT Users
Also giving GWT thanks.  I thank Java for being an excellent strongly typed language.  GWT lets me use Java for the browser, and for that, thank you GWT, and all its dedicated, hard working contributors!  :)

George Simon K

Aug 11, 2021, 11:09:49 PM8/11/21
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to say a big thank you to GWT team. I started using GWT from 2006. Prior to that I had bit difficulties with ui in html/js, but GWT not only solved them for me but ui development became interesting once I started using it.

GWT was indeed an amazing tool!!!!!

Regards
George