Elemental2-compatible Activities (and Places)?

Gordan Krešić

Feb 18, 2021, 2:23:17 PM2/18/21
to GWT Users
Is there a port of com.google.gwt.activity.* classes that work with
elemental2 (HTML)Elements instead of widgets?

I can find only port of Places (https://github.com/gwtproject/gwt-places),
but no activities.

I can't find that sheet with progress on porting GWT components to J2CL/GWT3
- what is the status of Activities and Places on that regard?

-gkresic.

Frank Hossfeld

Mar 6, 2021, 9:47:19 AM3/6/21
to GWT Users
There are a few places where are the progress of the module update is tracked:

And yes, the Activities module is not migrated yet.

If you are looking for J2CL/Elemental2 ready frameworks, take a look here:

Gordan Krešić

Mar 6, 2021, 12:24:17 PM3/6/21
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
On 06. 03. 2021. 15:47, Frank Hossfeld wrote:
> There are a few places where are the progress of the module update is tracked:
>
> <goog_1390779413>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b1D9fEqRh5lZ8cqMJtYoc_25rfTRvsuJkTtS2vjgi3o/edit#gid=0
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b1D9fEqRh5lZ8cqMJtYoc_25rfTRvsuJkTtS2vjgi3o/edit#gid=0>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15WXfiklnTeqjRLI8gKj5iyGk7iDhnuQHGcpYJgpNlmQ/edit#gid=0
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15WXfiklnTeqjRLI8gKj5iyGk7iDhnuQHGcpYJgpNlmQ/edit#gid=0>
> https://github.com/FrankHossfeld/gwt-modules
Now... I found this on Twitter minutes ago and came here to post those
links... :)

> And yes, the Activities module is not migrated yet.

How about your own port mentioned in first sheet:

https://github.com/FrankHossfeld/gwt-activity

I can see it still references widgets, so definitely not a final port, but
if you are interested I can propose pull request based on my own port which
uses elemental2.dom.HTMLElement instead of widgets. However, that should be
up to a debate, because I believe more modular approach would be needed to
cover most use cases: widgets, elemental2's HTMLElement, elemento's
IsElement and possibly others.

> If you are looking for J2CL/Elemental2 ready frameworks, take a look here:
>
> * dominokit/domino-mvp <https://github.com/DominoKit/domino-mvp>
> * nalukit/nalu <https://github.com/NaluKit/nalu>  (Disclaimer: I am the
> author)

Seen both of them, but I'm porting existing project that has some
infrastructure (I'm trying not to exaggerate and call it a "framework" :) )
build on top of activities and places that I would like to reuse if possible.

-gkresic.

Vegegoku

Mar 6, 2021, 12:53:10 PM3/6/21
to GWT Users

Domino-mvp is a framework of many things, but if you are just interesting on listening to URL changes and do some routing based on those changes in a simple way, then maybe you can try domino-history (it is what domino-mvp use under the hood).

Frank Hossfeld

Mar 7, 2021, 6:47:27 AM3/7/21
to GWT Users
Gordan Krešić schrieb am Samstag, 6. März 2021 um 18:24:17 UTC+1
I can see it still references widgets, so definitely not a final port, but
if you are interested I can propose pull request based on my own port which
uses elemental2.dom.HTMLElement instead of widgets. However, that should be
up to a debate, because I believe more modular approach would be needed to
cover most use cases: widgets, elemental2's HTMLElement, elemento's
IsElement and possibly others.

Yeap, that's the problem. (and the reason, why Nalu uses several plugins, to deal with the different implementations). We haven start the discussion yet. And ATM, I am not sure, if IsWidget and Widget, is already migrated.I think not. Think it is gwt-widgets, which is not yet done too, or at least it is still in progress. Maybe something to discuss inside the gwt-modules room: https://github.com/gwtproject

Frank Hossfeld

Mar 7, 2021, 6:48:15 AM3/7/21
to GWT Users
Sorry, wrong link. This one is correct: https://gitter.im/gwtproject/gwt-modules