Im trying to get a pdf file from database and show it on clientside using the GWT , is there a possibility?

Dhinakar

Dec 18, 2019, 12:35:53 AM12/18/19
to GWT Users
Im trying to get a pdf file from database and show it on clientside using the GWT , is there a possibility? Thanks in advance

Craig Mitchell

Dec 22, 2019, 11:19:38 PM12/22/19
to GWT Users
Do you mean you want to write code in GWT to decode and render the PDF?  I image that would be very difficult.

You'd be much better decoding the PDF on the server using some PDF lib / program, then just serving up the resulting image/s via GWT.

Or serving up the PDF via a Servlet, and letting the browser decode/view/download it.

Hamid Razoki

Apr 26, 2020, 4:46:11 AM4/26/20
to GWT Users
Hi

You can call a frame from GWT like Window.open("print.html") and inside the file html you can use the frame to call a servlet for building pdf file

Filipe Sousa

Apr 26, 2020, 10:24:41 AM4/26/20
to GWT Users
I'm using pdfbox to render the pages to png and works quite well.