porting older app from 2.5.0 to 2.8.2

Blaze

Aug 11, 2019, 3:14:35 PM8/11/19
to GWT Users
Hi all,

I was wondering if some one can help me on this one...
I have a older app which uses gxt.2.2.5-gwt22.jar, and when compiling with gwt 2.8.2 Im getting some errors like this:

 [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/xxxxx/gxt-2.2.5-gwt22.jar!/com/extjs/gxt/ui/client/widget/form/ListField.java'
     [java]                [ERROR] Line 322: The method append(boolean) is ambiguous for the type StringBuffer

  [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/xxxxxx/gxt-2.2.5-gwt22.jar!/com/extjs/gxt/ui/client/widget/form/HtmlEditor.java'
     [java]                [ERROR] Line 548: Type mismatch: cannot convert from com.google.gwt.dom.client.Element to com.google.gwt.user.client.Element
     [java]          [ERROR] Hint: Check the inheritance chain from your module; it may not be inheriting a required module or a module may not be adding its source path entries properly

Im guessing other gxt.jar file needs to be used, which adopts the small changes.
I searched on the net, found some but not sure if this are the one to go with. e.g a jar called gxt-2.3.1a-gwt22.jar, also this one on git: https://github.com/bedatadriven/gxt

Can some one give me some insides on this one, that would be great!!

Tnx in advance,
Blaze

Ignacio Baca Moreno-Torres

Aug 12, 2019, 2:38:37 AM8/12/19
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure how difficult is to make it compile with GWT 2.8, if even possible, but officially only GXT 4 is compatible with GWT 2.8:

Frank Hossfeld

Aug 12, 2019, 5:14:14 AM8/12/19
to GWT Users
Just adding the version matrix link to Ignacio's answer:

Blaze

Aug 12, 2019, 6:37:52 AM8/12/19
to GWT Users
Hi,

first thanks for the reply.

Well actually gxt 2 should not work with gwt 2.5 also, but this gxt-2.2.5-gwt22.jar its adopted to work.
This is more of a question for Colin Alworth I guess :)

I was thinking that somebody has done the migration already.
There are a lot of older apps that used gxt2, and now want to use maybe some of the benefits of the new gwt versions e.g 2.8...

Frank Hossfeld

Aug 12, 2019, 7:09:01 AM8/12/19
to GWT Users
Not sure, if it will work with GWT 2.8, but I would give it a try:

RT

Oct 13, 2021, 4:44:56 PM10/13/21
to GWT Users
Were you able to resolve the error in ListField?  I have the same error trying to get GWT 2.8.2 working with GXT 2.3.1a.