Upgrade to 2.8.2 from 2.7.0 is having compilation errors while doing GWT compile

pratik thaker

Apr 27, 2020, 7:01:30 AM4/27/20
to GWT Users
Hi Team,

I have upgraded to GWT 2.8.2 from 2.7.0 and in Eclipse it is not showing any compilation error.

But at the time of GWT compile, it is failing for most of the classing with below error,

No source code is available for type <CLASSNAME> did you forget to inherit a required module?

Please note that, the same used to work fine with 2.7.0 and all the classes are either simple POJO or utility classes.

Can you please help me on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Rogelio Flores

Apr 27, 2020, 11:51:34 AM4/27/20
to GWT Users
Make sure you're using jdk version 8 or 9 but not higher. I think I saw that error when I used java 13 by accident. Hope that helps.

pratik thaker

Apr 27, 2020, 12:01:08 PM4/27/20
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rogelio,

I only have jdk 1.8 on my machine.
Everything was working fine till i was using GWT 2.7.0

Thanks for the point.

Dr. Lofi Dewanto

Apr 27, 2020, 3:15:24 PM4/27/20
to GWT Users
(1) Eclipse will not show an error because if your Java code is correct, everything is correct.

(2) As the message said, maybe you need to put a Jar file with sources into your dependency? GWT is a transpiler so it needs all the source codes to be able to translate to JavaScript.