Preauthentication service with GWT

jhon tonini

Sep 28, 2020, 7:30:05 AM9/28/20
to GWT Users
I want to develop an application for authenticate the user and redirect he to my web application.
Which server-side frameworks can I use for develop this (I want to use GWT as client-side framework)?

mahoe

Sep 28, 2020, 3:35:00 PM9/28/20
to GWT Users
I would suggest to use Spring Security! You can implement the login page in one GWT module and the rest of the application in other modules. The credentials you send via form submit. Depending on the success the user will be redirected to the application module(s) or if the wuthentication failed back to the login. In that case a query parameter could transport the reason to be displayed to the user (client certificate not valid, user name password wrong or something like that). I'm sure you can find a lot of example implementations.

lofid...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2020, 4:46:03 PM9/28/20
to GWT Users
I'm not sure that I would use GWT / JavaScript for my login page... Normally I just use Spring MVC (server-side instead of Browser based) and use Spring Security - all from Spring Boot...

Gordan Krešić

Sep 29, 2020, 3:24:19 AM9/29/20
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Besides already mentioned Spring Security, you may consider external
authentication service like Keycloak (https://www.keycloak.org/). It has own
(themeable) login page which redirects to your URL upon successful auth.
OTOH, you can also exchange username/password pair for authentication token
via API if you choose to implement your own login form (even in GWT).

-gkresic.

Hamid Razoki

Sep 29, 2020, 6:26:37 AM9/29/20
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
You can use keycloak as auth server and keycloak javascript adapter on the client side