Building SmartGWT project having multiple entry points with maven giving issue

pratik thaker

Apr 29, 2020, 7:44:12 AM4/29/20
to GWT Users
We have an enterprise UI application built with SmartGWT. It is having gwt.xml files with multiple entrypoints. Till now we were using ant to build the project and it was working fine. We would like to move to maven but it is giving below error,

Finding entry point classes

[INFO]       [ERROR] Hint: Check that the type name '(path of one of the entry point)' is really what you meant

[INFO]       [ERROR] Hint: Check that your classpath includes all required source roots

Please note that i have removed the actual path which it shows in the error message.

We are using GWT 2.7 and SmartGWT 4.1

Can you please suggest how to resolve it ?

Nick Wilton

Apr 29, 2020, 7:01:34 PM4/29/20
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

I’m uploaded an example pom.xml and module.gwt.xml to Gist: https://gist.github.com/NickWilton/dc1602fff24509154c076daa404bacb5
This example uses SmartGWT 4.1 and GWT 2.8.

The directory structure for this example is:

/ src / main / java /      yourpackage /      client
                                              server
                                              shared
               resources / yourpackage /      module.gwt.xml
                           log4j.isc.config.xml
                           server.properties
               webapp /    Your Web Files Go Here
  pom.xml

You should be able to add the additional entry points into the module file (or have multiple module files each with a single entry point, and compile these separately).
But I suggest getting it working with one entry point for now.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Nick

pratik thaker

May 5, 2020, 4:01:53 AM5/5/20
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

In my case, since there are multiple *.gwt.xml files, i think i am facing issue with inheriting them.

Though i am using <inherits tag to include them. In my ant build it is working fine.

For all such parent projects which are inherited, it is giving below error while building child project,

No source code is available for type <class name> ; did you forget to inherit a required module?

I apologize that it doesn't look like multiple entry points issue since the child project is having only single entry point.