SuggestBox SuggestionDisplay Item ToolTip or mouseover handler

linus...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2021, 7:30:37 PM3/31/21
to GWT Users
Hi All,

I would like to be able to show a tooltip (or some sort of popup) when the user hovers over a suggestion item in the list of suggestions for a SuggestBox.

So far I've extended and/or reimplemented SuggestBox, SuggestBox.DefaultSuggestionDisplay, and DecoratedPopupPanel, so I can attach a Handler to the DecoratedPopPanel's DecoratorPanel.  This works, and I'm able to get the hovered-over list item (actually, a <td> element) so I expect I can add CSS to show popup content (or worst case manually show it.)

But I'm wondering if there is a better or more appropriate way.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Linus