Help: Error in Call RPC - GWT , 404 the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Silvia

Jul 10, 2019, 5:54:44 AM7/10/19
to GWT Users
Introducir código aquí...

Hi all,

Sorry about my english,

I have a problem with any Error in Call RPC - GWT , 404 the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

The trace of error is:

-----
(404) 404 Not Found <html>
<head>
<title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
</head>

----

I don't understand why gwt add a "Wkf" to the module address. I mean this should be:

 /com.emp.mid.web.wkf/Service

without "Wkf" particle

I'm calling the gwt module by means a HTML: Wkf.html

How can I change the module address in order gwt can find the service?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance for some help,

Sil

Thomas Broyer

Jul 10, 2019, 6:43:13 AM7/10/19
to GWT Users
com.emp.mid.web.wkf.Wkf is the name of your GWT module (here, probably the name of your gwt.xml file: com/emp/mid/web/wkf/Wkf.gwt.xml; though most of the time, I believe, people rename it to a shorter name, through the rename-to="" attribute in the gwt.xml file)
You can change the service URL on the client-side by casting your service "async" to a ServiceDefTarget and calling setServiceEntryPoint; but I'd rather suggest you fix the servlet mapping on the server-side, or using rename-to="com.emp.mid.web.wkf" in your gwt.xml (please note that this will also change the URL to the *.nocache.js, so update your HTML page too)