Unknown argument: -superDevMode

james0072

Sep 13, 2020, 8:18:35 PM9/13/20
to GWT Users
I recently tried to downgrade my app from 2.7 to 2.6. I am now getting the following error in the console and am not sure what to do. What I did was extract GWT source folder to C drive added the sdk via project setting/GWT. I did have an error with the servelt.jar. so I deleted it and used the option from right click to synchornize sdk or something like that.

Here is the full error.

Unknown argument: -superDevMode
Google Web Toolkit 2.6.1
DevMode [-[no]startServer] [-port port-number | "auto"] [-whitelist whitelist-string] [-blacklist blacklist-string] [-logdir directory] [-logLevel level] [-gen dir] [-bindAddress host-name-or-address] [-codeServerPort port-number | "auto"] [-server servletContainerLauncher[:args]] [-startupUrl url] [-war dir] [-deploy dir] [-extra dir] [-workDir dir] [-sourceLevel [auto, 1.6, 1.7]] module[s]

where
  -[no]startServer  Starts a servlet container serving the directory specified by the -war flag. (defaults to ON)
  -port             Specifies the TCP port for the embedded web server (defaults to 8888)
  -whitelist        Allows the user to browse URLs that match the specified regexes (comma or space separated)
  -blacklist        Prevents the user browsing URLs that match the specified regexes (comma or space separated)
  -logdir           Logs to a file in the given directory, as well as graphically
  -logLevel         The level of logging detail: ERROR, WARN, INFO, TRACE, DEBUG, SPAM, or ALL
  -gen              Debugging: causes normally-transient generated types to be saved in the specified directory
  -bindAddress      Specifies the bind address for the code server and web server (defaults to 127.0.0.1)
  -codeServerPort   Specifies the TCP port for the code server (defaults to 9997)
  -server           Specify a different embedded web server to run (must implement ServletContainerLauncher)
  -startupUrl       Automatically launches the specified URL
  -war              The directory into which deployable output files will be written (defaults to 'war')
  -deploy           The directory into which deployable but not servable output files will be written (defaults to 'WEB-INF/deploy' under the -war directory/jar, and may be the same as the -extra directory/jar)
  -extra            The directory into which extra files, not intended for deployment, will be written
  -workDir          The compiler's working directory for internal use (must be writeable; defaults to a system temp dir)
  -sourceLevel      Specifies Java source level (defaults to auto:1.7)
and
  module[s]         Specifies the name(s) of the module(s) to host

james0072

Sep 13, 2020, 8:20:51 PM9/13/20
to GWT Users
Here are the arguments from Run Congiurations:

-superDevMode -remoteUI "${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id}" -startupUrl ChordEarTrainer.html -logLevel INFO -codeServerPort 9997 -port 8888 -war C:\Users\James-PC\workspace\FINALWORKINGSPACE1\ChordEarTrainer\war com.sinewavemultimedia.chordeartrainer.ChordEarTrainer

 I tried removing -superDevMode but then it defaulted to the very old way using the GWT Dev Plugin which current browsers do no use.

Thomas Broyer

Sep 14, 2020, 2:35:05 AM9/14/20
to GWT Users
If you want to use SuperDevMode in GWT 2.5 or 2.6, then you have to use the CodeServer entrypoint (rather than DevMode).
I don't know if the Eclipse plugin has built-in support for it; you might have to create a launch configuration from scratch.

(why would you want to use such an old GWT version anyway‽)

James Tyner

Sep 14, 2020, 8:23:22 AM9/14/20
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks. I just switched back to 2.7