UI Development - Descriptive UI and 2 Ways Data Binding

lofid...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2020, 11:07:58 AM11/1/20
to GWT Users
Hi Community,

Last week I had holidays and got a chance to take a look the current development for UI and here is my summary:

SwiftUIAndroid Jetpack Compose and Flutter are embracing 2 ways data binder and descriptive programming style
- Also ReactJS and VueJS use similar style

Actually we have all of these things - at least if I see it correctly - already in Errai (UI, Data Binder, etc.). Also Errai supports JPA annotations to save data on Web Browser storage like what I've shown in my article (https://bit.ly/GwtIndexedDBDesignPatterns) but I think, with better implementation 😀

Some points / questions:
  • Is JBoss Errai still in development?
  • Is it possible to use some components of Errai separately?
  • Is "descriptive" and "2 ways data binding" (observer pattern) the way to go in UI development?
  • Is there any way to "combine" e.g. DominoUI with 2 ways data binding? VueGWT supports all of these things because it is based on VueJS. But Errai has a Data Binding component and also hexa.binding.
Opinions?

Thanks,
Lofi