GWT Migration from 2.1.0 to 2.9.0

Pramod Patil

Sep 26, 2022, 2:48:31 AM9/26/22
to GWT Users
Hi
I having beginners level knowledge with GWT, having task to migrate our application from GWT 2.1.0 to 2.9.0, in process, have made required changes. Application getting compiled fine but on browser its giving below error

 SEVERE: (TypeError) : Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'BLANK_IMAGE_URL')
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException :(TypeError) : Cannot set properties of undefined

If someone might be aware about this error, kindly revert. Thank you.

Jens

Sep 26, 2022, 5:11:33 AM9/26/22
to GWT Users
"Cannot set properties of undefined" is the javascript equivalent of Java NullPointerException.

So in your code something tried to set the property "BLANK_IMAGE_URL" on "null".

-- J.

Pramod Patil

Sep 26, 2022, 8:06:20 AM9/26/22
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response, I tried to figure out changes but as part of this migration apart from version upgrades I have added/edited below properties in app.gwt.xml.
<set-property name="user.agent"  value="ie8,gecko1_8,safari"/>
<set-configuration-property name ='xsiframe.failIfScriptTag'  value='FALSE'>
other properties are present like
<inherits name ="com.google.gwt.logging.Logging"/>
<set-property name="gwt.logging.loglevel"  value="FINE" />
<set-property name="gwt.logging.systemHandler"  value="ENABLED" />
<set-property name="gwt.logging.consoleHandler"  value="ENABLED" />
<set-property name="gwt.logging.developmentModeHandler"  value="ENABLED" />
<set-property name="gwt.logging.simpleRemoteHandler"  value="DISABLED" />

apart from these changes, I haven't changed any code also I could see entries for Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL= '../ext/resources//somepath/s.gif'  in js files present in /war/project/js  folder.

Can you please let me know, what I might be missing?

Thanks and regards,
 Pramod Patil
 Contact +91-8975432800

Pramod Patil

Sep 26, 2022, 8:54:16 AM9/26/22
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
One more thing I noticed is, we have script tags in app.gwt.xml like below
<script src= js/ext/adapter/ext/ext-base.js/>
<script src=js/ext/ext-all-debug.js/>

Is these tags causing problem? As 2.9.0 doesn't allow scripts in XML. Is there known way out. ? Experts please share your opinions.

Thomas Broyer

Sep 26, 2022, 9:01:29 AM9/26/22
to GWT Users
Add the script tags to your HTML (alternatively, use ScriptInjector in our entrypoint), but if they're not loaded, chances are that the Ext global is not defined, so Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL=… fails with the above-mentioned error.

Pramod Patil

Sep 28, 2022, 1:22:48 AM9/28/22
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response,  I added the scripts in our html file in its head tag, so  Ext. BLANK_IMAGE_UR related error got solved but could see new error as
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError) : Cannot read properties of undefined. (reading 'BACKSPACE'), i tried to figure out if any other script tag is there in any gwt.xml, but i didn't find any.

I could see one dependency in our project as gflot 1.0.5 which is having one gwt.xml, and I could see below message which say's ,
Console output
Ignoring following script tags in the gwt.xml file,
jquery.js
jquery.flot.js
flot-0.7/excanvas.js
flot-0.7/jquery.flot.symbol.js
flot-0.7/jquery.flot.navigate.min.js
flot-0.7/jquery.flot.selection.js
 Is there any way to include this scripts as they are coming from  gflot 1.0.5 jars gwt.xml? I checked for an updated library but couldn't find any.

Can you please guide me. Thank you.

Mihai Stanciu

Sep 28, 2022, 2:17:02 AM9/28/22
to GWT Users