Re: [gwt-contrib] Digest for google-web-toolkit-contributors@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 1 topic

Arnaud TOURNIER

Apr 6, 2017, 1:44:39 PM4/6/17
to Digest recipients

Perfect time ! Thanks for the hard work!
Arnaud

Le jeu. 6 avr. 2017 à 12:49, <google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com> a écrit :
Julien Dramaix <dra...@google.com>: Apr 05 09:42PM

The beta version of Elemental2 using the JsInterop specification has been
released on Sonatype today and is available on Maven central.

This release introduces the concept of union types (which are heavily used
in JavaScript) and many more improvements. More information about union
types can be found in this document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/14mQeAGQ9M_5uTTUbzRQzCYETA887dTO-xFLtQhgUXXk/edit?usp=sharing>
.

We also split Elemental into smaller jar files:

Jar file

artifact-id

GWT module

elemental2-core.jar
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/google/elemental2/elemental2-core/1.0.0-beta-1/elemental2-core-1.0.0-beta-1.jar>

elemental2-core

elemental2.core.Core

elemental2-promise.jar
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/google/elemental2/elemental2-promise/1.0.0-beta-1/elemental2-promise-1.0.0-beta-1.jar>

elemental2-promise

elemental2.promise.Promise

elemental2-dom.jar
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/google/elemental2/elemental2-dom/1.0.0-beta-1/elemental2-dom-1.0.0-beta-1.jar>

elemental2-dom

elemental2.dom.Dom

elemental2-svg.jar
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/google/elemental2/elemental2-svg/1.0.0-beta-1/elemental2-svg-1.0.0-beta-1.jar>

elemental2-svg

elemental2.svg.Svg

elemental2-webgl.jar
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/google/elemental2/elemental2-webgl/1.0.0-beta-1/elemental2-webgl-1.0.0-beta-1.jar>

elemental2-webgl

elemental2.webgl.WebGl

elemental2-media.jar
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/google/elemental2/elemental2-media/1.0.0-beta-1/elemental2-media-1.0.0-beta-1.jar>

elemental2-media

elemental2.media.Media

elemental2-indexeddb.jar
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/google/elemental2/elemental2-indexeddb/1.0.0-beta-1/elemental2-indexeddb-1.0.0-beta-1.jar>

elemental2-indexeddb

elemental2.indexeddb.IndexedDb

elemental2-webstorage.jar
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/google/elemental2/elemental2-webstorage/1.0.0-beta-1/elemental2-webstorage-1.0.0-beta-1.jar>

elemental2-webstorage

elemental2.webstorage.WebStorage

You can try them by downloading the jar files or adding Maven dependencies:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.google.elemental2</groupId>

<artifactId>${artifact-id}</artifactId>

<version>1.0.0-beta-1</version>

</dependency>

Then inherit the right gwt module in your gwt.xml file.

This beta version works only with the latest HEAD_SNAPSHOT release of GWT
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/google-snapshots/com/google/gwt/gwt/HEAD-SNAPSHOT/>
.

We’ve also released a beta version of JsInterop.base. This library contains
base classes and utilities that provide access to JavaScript language
constructs that are not available in pure Java.

You can try it by downloading the jar file
<https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/google/jsinterop/base/1.0.0-beta-1/base-1.0.0-beta-1.jar>
or use the following Maven dependency:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.google.jsinterop</groupId>

<artifactId>base</artifactId>

<version>1.0.0-beta-1</version>

</dependency>

Don’t hesitate to report any bugs, issues, concerns you have on this
mailing list.

Important note: They are beta releases and future updates (up until the
final release) may break code!

-Julien

--

Julien Dramaix | Software Engineer | dra...@google.com | 650-750-6053
Brandon Donnelson <brandon....@sencha.com>: Apr 05 09:43PM

Nice job!

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 2:42 PM 'Julien Dramaix' via GWT Contributors <

--
*Brandon Donnelson*
GXT Support Engineer

Huzzah!!

I'll be taking this for a spin on my week off; see if I can make custom
elements completely hack free (at long last)!

Many thanks good sirs.
Alain Ekambi <jazzma...@gmail.com>: Apr 05 11:49PM +0200

DOPE !!!!!

--

Alain Ekambi

Co-Founder

Ahomé Innovation Technologies

http://www.ahome-it.com/ <http://ahome-it.com/>
Predrag Remark <codeless...@gmail.com>: Apr 05 10:14PM -0700

Great news ! Thanks Julien.
Ali Jalal <ali.j...@gmail.com>: Apr 06 10:29AM +0330

Thank you guys for this great work.

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Predrag Remark <codeless...@gmail.com>
wrote:

David Yu <david....@gmail.com>: Apr 06 03:19PM +0800

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 5:42 AM, 'Julien Dramaix' via GWT Contributors <

> The beta version of Elemental2 using the JsInterop specification has been
> released on Sonatype today and is available on Maven central.

Better late than never I guess :-)

--
When the cat is away, the mouse is alone.
- David Yu

Arnaud TOURNIER

Apr 10, 2017, 5:27:24 AM4/10/17
to Digest recipients
Do you plan to open source your Typescript to Java generator ? Do you have a time frame for that ?

I am interrested in that because I made one myself which I would not continue if you open source your own. I can already see that we have some decisions in common (like some similarities handling union types).
The typescript 2 jsinterop tool I made is not ready yet, but capable of translating the Angular 2 api into JsInterop, and should also be usable to integrate other js librairies (when they have a correct TS def file on definitely typed).
Thanks
Arnaud

Jens

Apr 10, 2017, 6:03:25 AM4/10/17
to GWT Contributors

Do you plan to open source your Typescript to Java generator ?

elemental2 is generated from closure extern files and not typescript definitions. However the generator should also support typescript definitions by the time it is open sourced, at least it has been said in this group.

-- J.