SNAPSHOT of 21 Sept breaks my build (invalid namespace <window>

stuckagain

Sep 21, 2016, 5:46:25 AM9/21/16
to GWT Contributors
It looks like some changes to JSInterop are breaking my build....

Compiling module com.swift.common.paging.PagingTest.JUnit
Ignored 1 unit with compilation errors in first pass.
Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all errors.
Errors in com/google/gwt/emul/java/lang/String.java
[ERROR] Line 165: 'String.NativeFunction String.getFromCharCodeFunction()' has invalid namespace '<window>'.
[ERROR] Line 757: 'String.NativeString' has invalid namespace '<window>'.

Additionally, how can I enable strict mode for GWTTestCases when using tbroyer's maven plugin ?

Thomas Broyer

Sep 21, 2016, 8:44:57 AM9/21/16
to GWT Contributors

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 11:46:25 AM UTC+2, stuckagain wrote:
It looks like some changes to JSInterop are breaking my build....

Compiling module com.swift.common.paging.PagingTest.JUnit
   Ignored 1 unit with compilation errors in first pass.
Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all errors.
   Errors in com/google/gwt/emul/java/lang/String.java
      [ERROR] Line 165: 'String.NativeFunction String.getFromCharCodeFunction()' has invalid namespace '<window>'.
      [ERROR] Line 757: 'String.NativeString' has invalid namespace '<window>'.

Make (extra)sure you have the latest gwt-dev as well.

Additionally, how can I enable strict mode for GWTTestCases when using tbroyer's maven plugin ?

This actually is not possible, and a limitation of GWT itself (JUnitShell doesn't support -strict or -failOnError).

David

Sep 21, 2016, 10:09:10 AM9/21/16
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
I'm using maven and I only have a dependency on 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT.
I have forced an update of the snapshots in an eclipse refresh and now it seems to work.
I guess it was a local maven/nexus issue ?

I hope -strict becomes the default, why would you want to ignore errors ? In most cases it is hiding some issue that will surface later.

Roberto Lublinerman

Sep 21, 2016, 12:36:33 PM9/21/16
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
The error suggests a class path issue. The same patch that introduced <window> in native string relaxed the checking for namespaces in the compiler to allow this situation (https://gwt-review.googlesource.com/#/c/16881/).