GWT 2.8.1 release

Colin Alworth

Apr 25, 2017, 3:30:20 PM4/25/17
to GWT Contributors

I'm very pleased to announce the release of GWT 2.8.1. This contains many bugfixes and a few enhancements to JsInterop.

Highlights from release notes:

  • Elemental1's JSON parser now correctly throws an exception when a string, object, or array is not correctly ended.

  • Support filtering JsInterop types for export, with whitelist/blacklist and wildcards. The -generateJsInteropExport flag is still used to enable the feature, but -includeJsInteropExport and -excludeJsInteropExport now exist to specify packages with optional * wildcards. Later arguments and patterns override earlier ones.

  • Support "*" (any) and "?" (unknown) types as a JsType native name. The "Unknown" type can be preferred over Object if the type is unknown, while "any" is preferred supertype of any JS type, including primitives.

Additionally, this supports the recent beta release of jsinterop.base and elemental2, available from Maven Central.

Please check out the full release notes, then download the release zip or update your project to get version 2.8.1 from Maven Central.

Predrag Remark

Apr 25, 2017, 4:44:12 PM4/25/17
to GWT Contributors
Great news!

Peter Donald

Apr 25, 2017, 8:02:01 PM4/25/17
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Indeed - great work!

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 6:44 AM, Predrag Remark <codeless...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great news!

Cheers,

Peter Donald

Matic Petek

Apr 26, 2017, 8:18:17 AM4/26/17
to GWT Contributors
Thank you very much for this.

David

Apr 26, 2017, 9:00:31 AM4/26/17
to GWT Contributors

I migrated my code immediatly (including the beta release of Elemental2)

Seems to work fine so far.