Pivot Table with Text

Melissa Zinder

Jun 6, 2016, 3:16:14 PM6/6/16
to Google Visualization API
Hi! Here is the spreadsheet I'm referring to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VmlqVlh7OBj6hXL1C6Lpw2P5YDY9AdGzNGPqGQvMJi8/edit?usp=sharing

I'm trying to make a pivot table of sorts with text, using the data from the "Stories" tab. A template of the chart I'd like to make is on the "Articles by Magazine Date" tab. I'd like the headlines from the "Stories" tab that correspond with each "Magazine Date" to be listed under their appropriate "Magazine Placement" Category in the "Articles by Magazine Date" tab. Can someone help? I've been trying to create a query, but I can't get it to work.

Daniel LaLiberte

Jun 6, 2016, 3:34:14 PM6/6/16
to Google Visualization API
Hi Melissa,

Your question sounds more specific to Google Sheets queries, unless you are talking about how to query the data for an actual Google Charts chart.  (documented here: https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/spreadsheets)  You might get more help in a Google Sheets forum, in any event.  Try this:  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-spreadsheets-api