Dynamic map markers with new API chart?

Tayger Woods

Mar 19, 2019, 7:45:50 AM3/19/19
to Google Visualization API
Hello

Today I realized my google map icons are no more painted on google maps. Then I found out that google has a new version of API chart, so the old version is deprecated.

I was happy to use it to create custom map markers with a sign in it and to choose colors. Till now I was able to create these markers that way:

var icon = new google.maps.MarkerImage(
"https://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chst=d_map_spin&chld=0.55|0|" + color.substring(1) + "|13|" + "_" + "|" + letter,
null,
null,
new google.maps.Point(10, 37), // anchor
null);

Is something like that still possible? I'm happy for any link, that I couldn't find. I only can find how to use custom images but I need the original google markers being able to put a letter in it and to change the color.

Regards