Does Google Charts no longer have Venn Diagrams?

mdslup

Nov 11, 2017, 4:13:25 PM11/11/17
to Google Visualization API
I found the Venn diagram API - the examples seem to be exactly what I need, but the site claims this functionality is deprecated. There's nothing in the current Charts Gallery that looks to me like a Venn Diagram.

Is there an equivalent that I'm not seeing?

Jon Orwant

Nov 11, 2017, 9:27:41 PM11/11/17
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
There's nothing you're not seeing. Google's deprecated Image Charts provide Venn diagrams, but the newer Google Charts do not.

Jon

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 4:13 PM, mdslup <mds...@gmail.com> wrote:
I found the Venn diagram API - the examples seem to be exactly what I need, but the site claims this functionality is deprecated. There's nothing in the current Charts Gallery that looks to me like a Venn Diagram.

Is there an equivalent that I'm not seeing?

mdslup

Nov 11, 2017, 9:32:00 PM11/11/17
to Google Visualization API
Mmmm, OK, thanks for double checking that I wasn't missing something.

 So, maybe this is a silly question, but in this sense of the word 'deprecated', can I still actually use them then? I guess in my experience, that word deprecated means has different levels depending on the context and situation.

On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 6:27:41 PM UTC-8, orw...@google.com wrote:
There's nothing you're not seeing. Google's deprecated Image Charts provide Venn diagrams, but the newer Google Charts do not.

Jon
On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 4:13 PM, mdslup <mds...@gmail.com> wrote:
I found the Venn diagram API - the examples seem to be exactly what I need, but the site claims this functionality is deprecated. There's nothing in the current Charts Gallery that looks to me like a Venn Diagram.

Is there an equivalent that I'm not seeing?

Jon Orwant

mdslup

Brian Nguyen

Feb 12, 2018, 7:49:54 PM2/12/18
to Google Visualization API
Found this thread in hopes that I could somehow "vote" on this chart type being added to the current Google Chart tools.  I also added a comment to this issue.  Somewhat disappointing that no one prioritized forward-porting it during the last 5 years of development.  Hope to see it soon, and thanks for all the hard work!