Scatter plot issues

Colleen Ruths

Sep 14, 2018, 12:15:51 PM9/14/18
to Google Visualization API
Greeting,

I am using Google sheets in my physics classes.   Last year I was able to make lovely scatter plots of X vs. Y data.  This year the updated version does not render X vs. Y data the same way.   My students have chromebooks, so I don't think they would be able to convert to any earlier version of the Google sheets.

My main concern is my inability to control the shaping on the axis.   Attached is a sample sheet.

The first graph of volume vs Pressure should be an inverse relationship.
The second graph of 1/volume vs pressure should be a linear relationship.

Neither one is correct.  I have played with all the features and cannot render a correct graph.

Daniel LaLiberte

Sep 14, 2018, 4:21:46 PM9/14/18
to Google Visualization API
Hi Colleen,

You'll probably have to ask your questions in a forum specific to Google Sheets, unless someone from that group is watching here.  The newer versions of Google Sheets have diverged from Google Charts by implementing their own charts, which are probably still catching up with what Google Charts offers directly.

One possibility I can suggest is to build your charts in a web page where you fetch the data from your spreadsheet.  That way Google Charts would be in charge and you can use all the features that Google Charts offers.  See the docs on how to Use Spreadsheets with Charts and Visualization: Scatter Chart.  Hope that helps.

Disclaimer:

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or is not responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message.