Marker GeoCharts does not work anymore

Angelo Ossola

Dec 10, 2018, 8:26:00 AM12/10/18
to Google Visualization API
Hello;

from a frw days my pages with Marker GeoCharts does not work anymore.
After the rendering of the map no one markers are displayed.

you can see this issue also on this page:
https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/geochart

ciao
Angelo

Daniel LaLiberte

Dec 11, 2018, 3:11:56 PM12/11/18
to Google Visualization API
Sorry about the outage of the GeoChart markers in the documentation page, and thanks for calling our attention to this (as someone did a week ago as well).  I have finally figured out what configuration changes were necessary to enable the maps service to respond to geocoding requests from the documentation pages (which use a different referrer in the iframes as compared to the container window).  Should be working correctly again now.

Bradley Newman

Dec 14, 2018, 3:22:39 PM12/14/18
to Google Visualization API
Hi there,

I also noticed I had this issue when I came into work today. We use markers on our GeoChart, and they are no longer working. However, the rest of the chart still functions fine. Could you let me know what I need to change to fix this? We use city names for our markers if that helps.

Thanks

Daniel LaLiberte

Dec 14, 2018, 3:28:19 PM12/14/18
to Google Visualization API
You most likely need to get your own mapsApiKey, since the one you copied from the documentation is only for the documentation page, and consequently, your requests will soon be throttled.  Every day, you might get a few requests through the shared pipeline early in the day, if it works at all.