GeoChart is free?

Martin Morici

Jan 26, 2024, 10:38:05 PMJan 26
to Google Visualization API
Hi! I wanted to know is the GeoChart is free because I get this error in the console

Geocoding Service: You must use an API key to authenticate each request to Google Maps Platform APIs. For additional information, please refer to http://g.co/dev/maps-no-account

And Google Maps Api is paid.

Thanks!

Daniel LaLiberte

Jan 26, 2024, 10:44:57 PMJan 26
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

While the GeoChart is free to use, the data it may require from Google Maps is a different story.   It looks like you can get a limited supply ($200 usage per month) of data for free.

But you can avoid requiring any Google Maps data by using explicit location codes rather than names of places that the GeoChart has to look up.

Daniel LaLiberte

 • SWE

 Cambridge MA

 • dlaliberte@Google.com

Martin Morici

Jan 30, 2024, 2:01:18 PMJan 30
to Google Visualization API
I switched from Country name to Alpha-2 country code and I no longer get the warning.

Thank you for your time!