How can I draw radar chart with Google Charts?

Youichi Okada

May 22, 2016, 12:11:41 AM5/22/16
to Google Visualization API
Hi.

I want to draw radar chart like this.

https://developers.google.com/chart/image/docs/gallery/radar_charts#overview

But this Image Charts are deprecated.
"Warning: This API is deprecated. Please use the actively maintained Google Charts API instead. See our deprecation policy for details.

Can I draw radar chart with Google Charts?

Daniel LaLiberte

May 22, 2016, 1:02:37 PM5/22/16
to Google Visualization API
Hi Youichi,

We don't have a Radar chart yet in the Google Charts.  I am considering implementing one, though, using an AreaChart, and projecting the data to polar coordinates.

The deprecated Image Charts won't be going away entirely any time soon, however, and probably not until we have suitable replacements ready to go.

Bram Patelski

Jamie Hari

Apr 9, 2018, 10:58:34 AM4/9/18
to Google Visualization API
Daniel et al.,

I'd love to also add my support for having a radar chart option in the new Google Charts API. It's been 2 years since this was posted and I'm fearful that the deprecated Image Charts API will soon be switched off and we'll have no option left. :(

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 1:02:37 PM UTC-4, Daniel LaLiberte wrote:
Hi Youichi,

We don't have a Radar chart yet in the Google Charts.  I am considering implementing one, though, using an AreaChart, and projecting the data to polar coordinates.

The deprecated Image Charts won't be going away entirely any time soon, however, and probably not until we have suitable replacements ready to go.
On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Youichi Okada <you...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

I want to draw radar chart like this.

https://developers.google.com/chart/image/docs/gallery/radar_charts#overview

But this Image Charts are deprecated.
"Warning: This API is deprecated. Please use the actively maintained Google Charts API instead. See our deprecation policy for details.

Can I draw radar chart with Google Charts?

Bolt Zhang

Sep 3, 2018, 10:30:19 PM9/3/18
to Google Visualization API
Hi Daniel,

As Jamie said, 2 years passed, will we have a plan for the Radar chart? :)

Thank you!

HD Dveloper

Feb 21, 2019, 4:35:00 PM2/21/19
to Google Visualization API
The entire API is about to shutdown, any news?

Daniel LaLiberte

Feb 21, 2019, 4:53:35 PM2/21/19
to Google Visualization API
Only the "Image charts" served via the chart server are being shut down.  The rest of Google Charts remains the same.

We don't have a radar chart in Google Charts, sorry.  The best you can do now with Google Charts is to "unroll" the radar chart into an AreaChart.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 4:35 PM HD Dveloper <heraldo...@gmail.com> wrote:
The entire API is about to shutdown, any news?

Chris Harvey

Mar 29, 2020, 12:22:42 AM3/29/20
to Google Visualization API
Hey Daniel,

Any update on this? Would be a very nice chart to have and with Image Charts being shut down there is no longer another option without using another library.

Thanks,
Chris