Display issue with charts.......

Allen Wilson

May 11, 2016, 12:44:35 PM5/11/16
to Google Visualization API
Hello,

We are using Google charts to display total information based on a 90, 60 and 30 day range.

Until a recently release the chart was showing without issue but after an update in the JQuery we've gotten the change showing up with the zero based number at the top of the graph instead of the bottom (see diagram).

The code for this page has not changed....

Has anyone ran into this before.
Charts_Capture.PNG

Daniel LaLiberte

May 11, 2016, 4:26:44 PM5/11/16
to Google Visualization API
A recent release of Google Charts now results in 0 values being visible in Column and Bar charts whereas they used to be invisible.  They are rendered with a minimal bar with 1-pixel height.   Annotations of these 0-value bars obviously don't fit inside the 1-pixel rendering, so they are drawn outside.

This is a feature rather than a bug, though we might consider adding an option to hide 0 values.    However, I believe you could replace the 0s with nulls and then they would not show up at all.  That's what I would expect.

The order of the bars in a stacked column chart is based on the order of your columns.  I would expect the 0 on the top of a stacked column chart is due to a 0 in the last column of your data table.

Hope that helps.

Allen Wilson

May 11, 2016, 6:20:45 PM5/11/16
to Google Visualization API
Yes on the value of 0 in the last column. It was done that way so the charts could match up correctly. Here is the data i sent

[["Categories","Referrals","Converted","Advocates","Active"],["",299,276,0,0],["",0,0,283,283]]

The two zero in the first array are there so the Advocates and Active can be properly set up and in the last array the two zeroes are there to fill the slots for Referrals and Converts

What can be passed as a null value

Daniel LaLiberte

May 11, 2016, 11:01:18 PM5/11/16
to Google Visualization API
I am suggesting that you replace your 0 values with null.  It appears you are using 0 as a placeholder anyway, so null should work for that as well.

Allen Wilson

May 12, 2016, 9:41:26 AM5/12/16
to Google Visualization API
I tried replacing the zeros with the following items....none which have worked.
- Empty string: ""
- Space " "
- The word null: "null"
- Null value: null

Is there anything you suggest.....

Daniel LaLiberte

May 12, 2016, 11:24:43 AM5/12/16
to Google Visualization API
Only the null value should work since the others are actually strings.  What happened when you tried that?  I just tried it in an example and it seems to work as I expected.

Allen Wilson

May 12, 2016, 1:34:20 PM5/12/16
to Google Visualization API
The progress bar I put in place keep spinning and never loaded the chart