Line chart with area from line 1 to line 2 but only if value 1 > value 2

Matteo Pelucco

Sep 22, 2016, 9:56:16 AM9/22/16
to Google Visualization API
Hello everybody,
I have been asked to produce a chart like this for an energetic domain:

The idea is to have 2 energetic values:

BLUE (upper value)
YELLOW (lower value)

then we have a threshold, the DOTTED value.

Customers pay only the energy > of the threshold AND < of YELLOW.

Any idea on how to do this? I already tried a solution, but also the energy < of threshold and > of YELLOW is colored:

(the black area must be left not colored).

Thanks for any suggestion!
Matteo

google_chart.png
google_chart_wrong.png

Daniel LaLiberte

Sep 22, 2016, 11:04:36 AM9/22/16
to Google Visualization API

We don't have a feature for coloring the area between two lines, although given several requests for this kind of feature, it sounds like it would be useful.

With a fair amount of hacking, I believe you could probably get almost the same effect by using stacked areas and styling the lines and fill areas appropriately.