Dynamic Icons in Image Charts (Deprecated)

DMal

Jun 26, 2015, 3:26:29 PM6/26/15
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
I work for an enterprise that would like to use these dynamic icons to represent different points on a map. I've read a few other posts saying that there's no plans to take this functionality away, but the fact that Deprecated status allows you to "turn it off without notice" worries the business. Is there any reassurance we can have that this product will remain alive for a few more years?

Cheers,
David

Rukhshanda S

May 25, 2016, 11:03:51 AM5/25/16
to Google Visualization API
Hi David,
Did you get any answer or solution?
If anyone can help would be appreciated.

Jon Orwant

May 25, 2016, 11:29:51 AM5/25/16
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
(Clarification for others: Image Charts are not Google Charts. Image Charts is the older service that lets you pack your data into a https://chart.googleapis.com/chart URL to make Google render a static PNG.)

I can't make any promises about how long we'll keep up our Image Chart service. I can only say that we have no plans to turn it off at the moment.

Jon

DMal

May 26, 2016, 2:01:31 AM5/26/16
to Google Visualization API
Hi Rukhshanda,

We opted to use the dynamic icons for now. If it ever becomes discontinued, we'll have to adapt our solution...

Cheers,
David