treemap sorted by color

dunba...@gmail.com

May 12, 2016, 6:12:55 PM5/12/16
to Google Visualization API
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to display treemaps with the colors sorted in two dimensions, so within a given parent, the child nodes with the highest value are in the top left with the corresponding color, and those with the lowest value (and color) are in the bottom left? I know this can be done since I once accicdentally created a treemap with this property, but forgot to make a note of how it worked. Since then all my treemaps have the colors spread randomly.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

dunba...@gmail.com

May 16, 2016, 4:37:54 AM5/16/16
to Google Visualization API, dlali...@google.com
Hey Google team,

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Nick

Daniel LaLiberte

May 16, 2016, 10:39:24 AM5/16/16
to dunba...@gmail.com, Google Visualization API
Hi Nick,

We haven't changed the algorithm for treemap colors in a few years.  Do you still have the data that used to generate the coloring you wanted?