Google Charts v44 Pushed

Daniel LaLiberte

Feb 24, 2016, 3:17:43 PM2/24/16
to google-c...@googlegroups.com, Google Visualization API, google-char...@googlegroups.com

We have pushed Google Charts v44.

Summary of changes for v44:

  • Corecharts:
    • Timeofday values now use UTC internally, which fixes problems with truncated timeofday axes.
    • Added options to specify bar.widthbar.gapbar.group.width (was bar.groupWidth) andbar.group.gap.
    • Changed bar-like (bars and boxes) intervals to be consistent with bar-like charts.
  • Histogram:
    • Fixed formatting of tooltip items to use formatted values.
    • Fixed bucketing with very small and very large values.
    • Bar width and gap options apply to Histograms also.
    • Added histogram.minValue and histogram.maxValue to expand range of buckets.
    • Allow use of explicit ticks option on domain axis.
  • PieChart:
    • Fixed error with tooltips when any slices are too small to display.
  • Calendar:
    • Fixed problems with time zones and daylight savings time.
  • GeoChart:
    • Wait longer on slow connections for Geo data.
  • Gantt:
    • Fixed some problems with order of items.
  • Material Charts
    • Fixed formatting of tooltip items to use formatted values.

To load this version, please refer to the instructions on loading the Google Charts library and just make sure your
google.charts.load() call is loading 'current', or you can load '44' explicitly.

If you have problems with this new version, we would like to know about it, but you also have the option to freeze your code at v43 by changing your google.charts.load() call to load '43' instead of 'current'.

Please test that your product is functioning correctly with this version and report any issues you encounter to google-visua...@googlegroups.com.

Enjoy,

The Google Charts team

Joseph Saadé

Feb 26, 2016, 3:46:36 AM2/26/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Were these changes tested?
All of the projects using charts just died, even the docs, ex: https://google-developers.appspot.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/piechart
Uncaught TypeError: hi is not a function

Daniel

Feb 26, 2016, 4:06:38 AM2/26/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Jep getting errors...
Uncaught TypeError: [...]  is not a function

Daniel LaLiberte

Feb 26, 2016, 9:06:46 AM2/26/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
It appears that when we push out a new version, there are some hiccups in the system until the changes fully propagate.  We will be working to fix this in the future, but for now, if you get these kinds of errors, I suggest you refresh the page, flushing your cache if necessary.

You can also change 'current' to '43' or '44' and it will work more reliably.

If a problem persists, please give us enough details, such as a "working" example, so that we can determine the cause of the problem.  Thanks.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 4:06 AM, Daniel <daniel....@re-in.de> wrote:
Jep getting errors...
Uncaught TypeError: [...]  is not a function

y1thu

Feb 28, 2016, 5:33:13 PM2/28/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

google charts do not work anymore, as already posted by others:

Uncaught TypeError: hi is not a function(anonymous function) @ VM259:246e @ loader.js:133google.a.c.Xc @ loader.js:134google.a.c.Oa @ loader.js:144google.a.Oa @ loader.js:144(anonymous function) @ jsapi_compiled_corechart_module.js:1

David Tong

Feb 29, 2016, 1:38:52 AM2/29/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
New to the library... 'current' gives me an error that google.visualization does not have PieChart when 'corechart' is included. The demo page of Piechart shows the same issue at the moment.

Changing to 44 or 43 fixed the issue.

John Ellwood

Feb 29, 2016, 4:13:31 AM2/29/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Hi

The word trees chart examples no longer work at

Regards
John

Daniel LaLiberte

Feb 29, 2016, 8:55:20 AM2/29/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
We are not seeing any problems here, but if you change 'current' to '44', it should work better.

anotheruser

Feb 29, 2016, 9:06:59 AM2/29/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Multiple errors seen in the last hour or so, as if the Google team have been frantically updating.

First I was seeing "hi is not a function".

Then "fH.pc is not a function".

This applies to all my pages using Google charts.

Taking out google.charts.load("current", { packages: ["corechart"] }); results in no error any more.

Just 10 minutes ago I changed from "current" to "43" and it worked. Then changed back to "current" and errors again. And now 10 minutes later, refreshed page and "current" working again.

Are the team currently applying changes?

Daniel LaLiberte

Feb 29, 2016, 9:12:52 AM2/29/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
We are not changing anything, not since I threw the switch last Thursday so that 'current' now redirects to '44' instead of '43'.  The errors seem to be due to caches not behaving as we expected.  I would like to hear from someone that clearing their browser cache helped, but perhaps there are caching issues on the server side as well.

anotheruser

Feb 29, 2016, 10:02:45 AM2/29/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Daniel

Just got another error: "hH is not a function".

I can confirm that clearing the browser cache did resolve the problem.

What would you suggest to minimise these problems?

anotheruser

Feb 29, 2016, 10:15:56 AM2/29/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Another one: "dr is not defined".

I can also confirm opening the same page in Incognito mode does not result in any errors, so your view of this being a caching problem seems fair.

David Canady

Mar 1, 2016, 3:28:26 PM3/1/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Gauge charts no longer work, as of yesterday.  Even the example on the Google Charts Gauge web page does not work.  Nothing gets displayed.  Help!

Daniel LaLiberte

Mar 1, 2016, 3:35:58 PM3/1/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
It works if you refresh your browser cache.   I made a change that should help update these caching problems soon, if it works.

Andrew Mottaz

Mar 1, 2016, 6:13:05 PM3/1/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
So after refreshing, clearing cache, incognito etc, the annotation chart still does not seem to work:  https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/annotationchart

Jan Dörrenhaus

Mar 2, 2016, 6:53:20 AM3/2/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/annotationchart
The annotation chart does not show up, either: "Uncaught ReferenceError: EB is not defined". I did clear my browser cache, even tried three different browsers.
There appears to be a serious problem, not just some browser caching issue.

Am Dienstag, 1. März 2016 21:35:58 UTC+1 schrieb Daniel LaLiberte:
It works if you refresh your browser cache.   I made a change that should help update these caching problems soon, if it works.

Joshua Long

Mar 2, 2016, 10:49:15 AM3/2/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
The problem is still persisting across random offices nationwide.  To temporarily alleviate this problem:

Change line
  google.charts.load('current', {'packages':['corechart']});
To this
  google.charts.load('44', {'packages':['corechart']});

This problem is affecting across browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE) as well as operating systems.

Daniel LaLiberte

Mar 3, 2016, 11:16:12 AM3/3/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
All the loading problems should be resolved now.  We found the cause of the problem, which was caching of redirects that were not updating as expected.  We changed the loader so it uses a different way of mapping 'current' to '44' that avoids the redirects. So everything that was failing for this reason should now be fixed.  Ideally, you should change your code so it loads 'current' again rather than '43' or '44', so you will see future updates, but you can leave it as if it is working satisfactorily for you.

There may be other problems unrelated to the loading problems, of course.  Please report any problems that persist.  Thanks.

Jean-Rémi Delteil

Mar 11, 2016, 12:07:20 PM3/11/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

I have to report something that may be linked to some update in the GViz :

In google Analytics, on a dashboard, when you add a Bar graph, with a pivot, it fails (as a GViz fail, with the red error box) :

Daniel LaLiberte

Mar 11, 2016, 12:30:14 PM3/11/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  I believe this is being fixed by the Google Analytics team, which should show up soon.  They had been taking advantage of a bug where column #1 could be a domain column even though it wasn't actually used that way.   Now we are checking properly for that error.

Per rock

Mar 17, 2016, 4:04:49 AM3/17/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I don't know if this is in relation with the new version, but since 4 days, all informations on my different chart (even title) have no more space.
It's displaying "ChartNumber2" rather than "Chart Number 2".

Other have this problem ?

Daniel LaLiberte

Mar 17, 2016, 10:10:04 AM3/17/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
Hi Per,

Can you point us to a page demonstrating what you are seeing?    Thanks.

Per rock

Mar 17, 2016, 10:19:55 AM3/17/16
to Google Visualization API, google-c...@googlegroups.com, google-char...@googlegroups.com
No i can't because my application is on local network, but you can see what i'm talking about on this picture .
You can see that all space are gone in the title, and this happen on all my application where i use google chart, even those i'm no longer working on.
I tried to set '43' instead of 'current' but the problem is still here.

It's not only happening in title but in tooltip too.

Thanks for your answer.