intervals on columnCharts prevent tooltips from working

Suzanne Paley

Oct 5, 2016, 7:30:07 PM10/5/16
to Google Visualization API
If I add intervals to a columnChart, no tooltip will come up when I hover over any part of the graph covered by an interval.  This seems to be true regardless of whether the focusTarget is datum or category.  I modified one of the example fiddles to demonstrate: https://jsfiddle.net/mxyecav6/1

Daniel LaLiberte

Oct 17, 2016, 1:32:38 PM10/17/16
to Google Visualization API
Thanks Suzanne,

Looks like a bug, but I don't know how difficult it will be to fix.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Suzanne Paley <suzann...@gmail.com> wrote:
If I add intervals to a columnChart, no tooltip will come up when I hover over any part of the graph covered by an interval.  This seems to be true regardless of whether the focusTarget is datum or category.  I modified one of the example fiddles to demonstrate: https://jsfiddle.net/mxyecav6/1

Suzanne Paley

Daniel LaLiberte

Nov 1, 2016, 3:23:38 PM11/1/16
to Google Visualization API
Hi Suzanne,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get around to fixing this problem any time soon.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Suzanne Paley <suzann...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, is there any update on this, regarding how long it might take before we see a fix for this?  This is a fairly serious problem for me, because the current behavior is quite unintuitive for users.
Thanks,
Suzanne

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 10:32:38 AM UTC-7, Daniel LaLiberte wrote:
Thanks Suzanne,

Looks like a bug, but I don't know how difficult it will be to fix.
On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Suzanne Paley <suzann...@gmail.com> wrote:
If I add intervals to a columnChart, no tooltip will come up when I hover over any part of the graph covered by an interval.  This seems to be true regardless of whether the focusTarget is datum or category.  I modified one of the example fiddles to demonstrate: https://jsfiddle.net/mxyecav6/1

Anabela Silva

Jun 23, 2020, 11:18:38 AM6/23/20
to Google Visualization API
Is there any update on this?
Sending the intervals to the back should work in my case(data opacity is not 1), but i am not seeing how to do it.

Daniel LaLiberte

Jun 23, 2020, 11:47:49 AM6/23/20
to Google Visualization API
This is not the update you want, but all I can offer at this time.  The general plan is to reimplement most of the charts internally, keeping the same API, so that all the requested features and bug fixes will be much easier to implement and maintain.    The implementation will be based on Vega, and we will soon be able to release the general purpose VegaChart.