Geo Map disputed areas

Alok Kumar Singh

Jun 25, 2014, 10:35:00 AM6/25/14
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using Geomap for showing global map on my website. This website is meant for Indian audience. Geo map on my site is showing Kashmir as disputed region probably because because my web server is in United States.

Is there any way I can pass country information while initializing Google chart so that disputed regions are shown as per the country passed in as parameter?

Regards,
Alok Kumar Singh.

Sergey Grabkovsky

Jun 25, 2014, 10:37:41 AM6/25/14
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
In fact, you can! If you set the domain option to 'IN', it should show the Indian version of the map.

Igor Mayev

Oct 15, 2015, 9:46:59 AM10/15/15
to Google Visualization API
Sergey, and what about domain: 'RU' for Russian version where:
Crimea is a part of Russia, not Ukraine,
Kosovo is a part of Serbia,
Abkhazia and South Ossetia are not the regions of Georgia but are independent states?

I tried the construction: domain: 'RU', but failed.
Thank you in advance.

Sergey Grabkovsky

Oct 15, 2015, 9:58:09 AM10/15/15
to Google Visualization API
Hi Igor,

Domain: 'RU' will not work right now. These domains are explicitly added by us and require manual work, so they will be accompanied by an announcement that we are now supporting this domain, as well as a change in our documentation. We are working on updating the maps to reflect the recently changed political structure.

Dmitry

Sergey Grabkovsky

Feb 17, 2016, 9:35:19 AM2/17/16
to Google Visualization API
Dmitry,

No, we still haven't added an 'RU' domain. It will not work for GeoChart.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 6:19 AM Dmitry <kost...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

unnamed.gif

Sergey Grabkovsky

Software Engineer

Google, Inc

gra...@google.com

Dmitry

Sergey Grabkovsky

Dmitry

Sergey Grabkovsky

Feb 17, 2016, 1:13:58 PM2/17/16
to Google Visualization API
Sadly, our architecture does not work that way, and it is currently non-trivial to update our map data for the GeoChart and GeoMap.

I don't have any estimates for when we might update the data.

unnamed.gif

Sergey Grabkovsky

Software Engineer

Google, Inc

gra...@google.com

unnamed.gif

Sergey Grabkovsky

Software Engineer

Google, Inc

gra...@google.com

Carlos Moreira

May 10, 2016, 9:13:13 PM5/10/16
to Google Visualization API
More domains would be a great help to a lot of projects.
What other domains can we expect to be implemented?

unnamed.gif

Sergey Grabkovsky

Software Engineer

Google, Inc

gra...@google.com

unnamed.gif

Sergey Grabkovsky

Software Engineer

Google, Inc

gra...@google.com

Vladimir Rumiantsev

Nov 23, 2017, 6:40:12 AM11/23/17
to Google Visualization API
Could you share the information if Crimea will ever be shown as a part of Russia in GoogleChart?

unnamed.gif

Sergey Grabkovsky

Software Engineer

Google, Inc