NOOB - where to get started

Bryan Bloom

Mar 11, 2019, 3:27:51 PM3/11/19
to Google Visualization API
We are an agency.  Have looked low and high for a simple but powerful charting tool we can use that will then allow us to embed the chart in our wordpress websites.

Love anything Google but everytime I look at Google charts my head spins.  These are simple charts we want to make but how do we do it and then embed the code?

Will anyone here give me some guidance?  We would have the data in a Google Sheet but how do we make it into a Google chart and then embed it?  Thanks to anyone willing to help!

Ray Thomas

Mar 23, 2019, 10:07:26 AM3/23/19
to Google Visualization API
Using a Google Sheet with Google Visualizations is relatively easy. The documentation you need is at https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/spreadsheets#creating-a-chart-from-a-separate-spreadsheet all the other options in the documentation will work, just where the data comes from is a bit different than the other examples.

Getting it work in WordPress is a bit more complicated. There are WordPress plugins available, some of which will take the data from your Google Sheet - https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/google-charts/ you can also add your own JavaScript to your pages. There are several guides around including the one at https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/learn-how-to-add-custom-javascript-to-wordpress-the-right-way/