Is there a way to calculate the value of Y for the given value of X for Scatter Chart

Zhenyu Hu

Oct 14, 2014, 7:13:50 PM10/14/14
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I am using google chart api to draw a scattered polynomial trend line.

Is there a way to calculate the value of Y for the given value of X for Scatter Chart?
I didn't find existing method to do that, however I can get the equation text, I think I can parse the text equation and do the calculation using JS, but I don't know whether it is a good solution, it should be a easier way to do that.

Does anybody know how to do that?

Thanks a lot,
Kevin

Andrew Gallant

Oct 15, 2014, 9:52:30 PM10/15/14
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
To the best of my knowledge, you cannot get the calculated value of a trendline point for a given x-value from the chart.  You can make a feature request to add support for getting the calculated value of a trendline point, if you like.

Stas S

Oct 15, 2017, 8:36:59 AM10/15/17
to Google Visualization API
Can you please show how to get the equation text?