Contributor Registration

Prakhar

Mar 27, 2023, 2:50:00 PM3/27/23
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
While registering as a contributor, there is a question:

Have you ever contributed to open source before?
a. Yes, I have written code for an open source project.
b. Yes, I have participated in open source in other ways than coding.
c. No, this is my first time contributing to open source.

The organization to which I am applying has the prerequisite of some initial contributions to the codebase, which we need to mention in the proposal.

So, I have a few merged PRs for the organization.

Should I choose the option `Yes, I have written code for an open source project.` or it means participated in some other open source programs and contributed code?

Google Summer of Code Support

Mar 27, 2023, 2:51:52 PM3/27/23
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
If your only contributions to open source were doing the required PRs for the org to apply to GSoC 2023 then you should select 'c. No, this is my first time contributing to open source.'

Kshitij Patil

Mar 27, 2023, 2:53:45 PM3/27/23
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
I didn't knew this before and selected the first option. Will it affect my selection?

Google Summer of Code Support

Mar 27, 2023, 2:55:07 PM3/27/23
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
I didn't knew this before and selected the first option. Will it affect my selection?

No, if you already answered yes it's fine.