Guice Persist support for Neo4j

Mark Angrish

Sep 13, 2016, 10:33:18 PM9/13/16
to google-guice
Hi everyone,

I'm a developer on the Neo4j Object Graph Mapper (OGM) and Spring Data Neo4j (SDN) projects and I've just dropped an initial release to integrate Neo4j with Guice.

You can find the release here at guice-persist-neo4j.

This mostly just adds @Transactional support and follows the same behaviour as the Guice Persist JPA module.

Improvements welcome :)

- mark

Thomas Broyer

Sep 14, 2016, 1:46:45 AM9/14/16
to google-guice
Hi,

A few years ago, I did a similar thing at https://github.com/tbroyer/guice-persist-neo4j
Feel free to borrow some code, but IIRC it didn't do more than yours.

Mark Angrish

Sep 15, 2016, 9:17:53 PM9/15/16
to google-guice
Hi Thomas,

Yeah I saw yours. I will look through it more carefully when i get the chance.

I think there are a number of bugs in the core guice-persist framework that I'd like to iron out (it doesn't seem to update much so i might fork it) but other than that it's just straight up transactional support.

::mark

Stephan Classen

Sep 16, 2016, 2:58:57 AM9/16/16
to google...@googlegroups.com

I was using guice-persist in an environment with multiple databases and ran into some limitations (see the guice bug tracker).

Since there was not much effort from the official developers I decided to write my own persist extension. I supports out of the box:

- All features of guice-persist
- JPA with multiple databases
- JTA (multi resource transactions)
- resolved some of the issues from the Guice bug tracker

So if you have questions, need hints just ask on this list.

Feel like browsing more code:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/onami/trunk/persist/

Cheers
Stephan