Can't add authorized application

Zack Hine

Jan 9, 2016, 6:41:07 PM1/9/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

I know how to authorize an application for a cloud sql instance, and I've even already done it, but I had to delete the instance and create a new one because I had chosen the wrong version of MySQL.

So when I go to this screen: enter image description here

And then click Access Control to go to this screen to add my application:

enter image description here

Then click Save, I get this after a few seconds:

enter image description here

It always says Could not complete the operation. This has been going on for a couple hours now. I even tried creating a brand new application and a new instance in that and I get the same issue.

I thought maybe it was a region issue but as you can see in the first pic the instance region is set to us-east1, and as you can see in the next pic, the region of my app engine is the same.

enter image description here

Because of this I essentially can't use my application at all because when trying to connect to MySQL I get 'MySQL server has gone away' error.

Zack Hine

Jan 10, 2016, 2:07:44 AM1/10/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
So it appears the issue is only with the us-east1 region, but it doesn't seem to be specific to me. I created a new app from scratch, reset everything up but this time used us-central and everything worked.

Anyone know why?

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Jan 10, 2016, 1:14:18 PM1/10/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello Zack,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently investigating this issue.

Sincerely,

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Jan 21, 2016, 5:19:08 PM1/21/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

This issue should have been resolved by now. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Thank you,