what is the latency of cloud sql from GCE?

David Michael Gang

Nov 9, 2017, 8:51:47 AM11/9/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hi,

I want to use cloud sql from an application deployed in  GCE via kubernetes inside the same datacenter as the cloud sql.
Let's say, i have a query which on my local laptop takes 3ms, how much ms need i to add because of latency?

Thanks

nau...@google.com

Nov 9, 2017, 10:45:50 AM11/9/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello

As there are several factors (eg: location, load, instance type etc.), You will need to run tests to verify. As such, there are not any default values available.

Also, You may want to check out the link [1] on the general tips and the blog [2] on the Cloud SQL performance.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/mysql/diagnose-issues#tips
[2] https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2016/08/Cloud-SQL-Second-Generation-performance-and-feature-deep-dive.html