Cannot delete SQL instance (failover or primary)

Derek Foster

Dec 3, 2017, 3:48:42 PM12/3/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

I have an academic education grant from the Google Education Cloud initiative. What this means is I have a large amount of credits to allocate to students, I create a few hundred cloud projects via the shell and allocate the student's email via IAM. One of the tasks I gave my students was to create a MySQL instance with a failover replica, connect to it and run some commands, This was all fine for most of the students, but I have a at least three students so far (3 different projects) who cannot delete the instance with the below error message:

"Operation failed because another operation was already in progress."

The same message occurs when I try to delete via the console of Cloud SDK. No operations appear to be running so not sure what is going on?

There must be a way to fix this as you cannot have a bunch of SQL instances running that are no longer required.

Thanks
Derek

Fady (Google Cloud Platform)

Dec 4, 2017, 3:29:16 PM12/4/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello Derek,

Looking at the error, and trying to reproduce and failed, I advise to report this issues through issue tracker, as it is the best platform to investigate a potential defect. I highly encourage you to submit a defect report as described in this article so that proper attention and weight will be given to it (include project and instance details).