Unable to export data from my Google Cloude SQL database instance

brett...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2013, 7:08:55 PM8/20/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com

I've been getting this for a few days.

Failed to back up to gs://{bucket}/{filename}.gz: An unknown problem occurred (ERROR_RDBMS)

The data bucket I'm usin gand filename are valid.

That's all the detail google is giving me. I see some other posts with this issue but someone (I assume from google) always says he will help them and notify them offline.

I've tried restarting the database instance.

thanks,

Lee S.

Aug 21, 2013, 11:27:40 AM8/21/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Do you see anything in the operations log? Are you using http://cloud.google.com/console? Also, what's the instance name??

brett...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2013, 3:50:39 PM8/21/13
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
I got a response directly from google; but forgot to post the response here. Currently, the mysql logs are not exposed directly to the user. What was happening to me was that I had a view that referenced tables/fields no longer in the database (cleanup issue on my part); so the dump routine was failing but the exact mysql error message was not being passed all the way to the Google Cloud SQL console. Google responded very quickly and accurately. They also said they have plans to eventually expose the mysql logs to the admin.

I thought it most interesting part of this was the dump routine actually checked the validity of the statements (e.g. the create view statement) it was creating and not just blindly writing it out. Nice, because then you don't have to deal with it when you are importing it.