replica over multiple regions

Theo Overboom

Sep 22, 2015, 4:41:12 PM9/22/15
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I'm trying to figure out how I can setup a replica of 2 cloud sql instances over 2 regions (europe and us) Unfortunately the console doesn't allow "inter regional replication" --> would be a nice feature.

The documentation only describes a way to have local replica.

Anybody a thought how I can setup a replica?

thanks for your feedback,

Theo.

paynen

Sep 23, 2015, 2:28:48 PM9/23/15
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hey Theo,

Feel free to make feature requests in the Public Issue Tracker for Cloud SQL. As far as inter-regional replication until your feature request is implemented (one can hope), you could always use Compute Engine to deploy a simple MySQL 5.5 intance, and set up External Replication to that.