Schedule Uptime

Khurram Naseem

Mar 16, 2016, 2:47:36 AM3/16/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

Can I schedule my database uptime ? for e.g. my DB will be available from 9 AM to 9 PM . so I've to pay less when there is no use ( for sure ) .

Thank you
Khurram Naseem

Vishnu Fafat

Mar 16, 2016, 3:32:21 PM3/16/16
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can setup a cron to set activation policy to ALWAYS at the start of the day and to NEVER at the end of the day.

Vishnu Fafat

Zeehad (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 17, 2016, 10:08:12 AM3/17/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Khurram,

You cannot directly configure the instance to shut down at any given time. If your instance is surely going to be inactive, you can set the activation policy to ON DEMAND so it shuts itself off after 15 minutes of inactivity. The solution suggested by Vishnu above will also achieve what you want, however it will require using the API.

I hope it helps. Cheers!