how to configure replication(read-replica) for MS-SQL in Cloud SQL?

Bharath

Apr 15, 2021, 11:48:19 AM4/15/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

I am exploring Cloud SQL and the various flavours(mysql,postgressql,MS-SQL). I am able to create read replicas for my-sql and postgres-sql , but i don't find that option for MS-SQL. Is it possible to create read replica of MS-SQL Cloud Database created in Cloud-SQL without using any 3rd party support?

Note: Also i find the documentation is the ms-sql read replica pages.

FYI the screenshot i got from the Cloud-SQL options:

optionsformssql.png
Thanks
Bharath

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 19, 2021, 1:12:43 PM4/19/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Bharath,

It is possible to create a read replica for a MySQL instance as well, as detailed on the "Replication in Cloud SQL" page. For the precise details on creating such a read replica, you may refer to the "Creating Read Replicas" documentation page