2nd Gen sql failover replica was promoted but won't run backups

Kurt Josep

Apr 19, 2016, 9:44:25 AM4/19/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I promoted a failover replica 2 weeks ago and have it set up to have backups and a binary log so that I can create read replicas and failover replicas but it isn't running backups during the backup window...  am I missing something in the documentation about how failover replicas even if promoted will never function as "masters" or do they have a bug in how they handle the failover promotion process that didn't properly provision this new db and okay it for backups to run?

Kevin Malachowski

Apr 19, 2016, 12:50:36 PM4/19/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss, hta...@google.com, Tony Tseng
Could you send your project and instance name to clou...@google.com? We can investigate on the backend.