HELP! Instance crashed, and now not appearing

Tim Hampton

Jan 31, 2018, 10:22:01 PM1/31/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
We seem to have lost our database, in region us-central1

The cloud console is saying the database doesn't exist, then it says it is under maintenance.  I tried rebooting it, and it hasn't come back up.

We first noticed this 28 minutes ago, which has triggered a crash across our platform.

What do I do?  I can't clone or restore from a backup since it isn't appearing in the console list.

Gadjet Nut

Jan 31, 2018, 10:26:28 PM1/31/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Same here. It came back online for a few minutes around 10:15PM EST and the went down again at about 10:20pmEST

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 31, 2018, 11:28:39 PM1/31/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
There is indeed an outage going on, that may affect your instance. You may check its status and progress to resolution on the "Google Cloud Status Dashboard" page

Gadjet Nut

Feb 3, 2018, 12:04:03 PM2/3/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Google support:

It would be helpful if you could update the  "Google Cloud Status Dashboard" page more timeously next time. You knew about the outage when you answered this thread but the page only updated well after the outage.

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Feb 4, 2018, 12:27:57 PM2/4/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Grateful for this piece of advice. In fact, the outage page is kept as much in sync with the situation as feasible. It is not reflecting the first minute(s) in real time, as the outage needs to get detected and addressed, before being published on the dashboard page.

Gadjet Nut

Feb 4, 2018, 1:16:19 PM2/4/18
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Minutes? You mean hours. Follow the emails on this thread. First email came in at 9:59 and your email acknowledging the problem was at 11:28. The support page still showed green light at that time. So it took Google support at least 1.5 hours to acknowledge the issue on the service status page.

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 12:27 PM, 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google Cloud SQL discuss <google-cloud...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Grateful for this piece of advice. In fact, the outage page is kept as much in sync with the situation as feasible. It is not reflecting the first minute(s) in real time, as the outage needs to get detected and addressed, before being published on the dashboard page.

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Feb 5, 2018, 7:30:02 PM2/5/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
It usually happens much sooner. For sure, ideally each outage should be published in the dashboard immediately. This is not feasible, but the delay is kept as short as possible.