google cloud sql machine type change "Could not complete the operation."

Lieven Janssen

Jun 21, 2017, 12:20:47 AM6/21/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade our Google Cloud SQL instance from a highmem-4 to a highmem-8 but I always get the message "Could not complete the operation."

We would like to upgrate the db asap because we're running on full RAM atm.

Best Regards,

L.

Faizan (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 21, 2017, 10:51:33 AM6/21/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Lieven,

To investigate further can you provide me with the following information through private message:
1. Project ID and instance name.
2. HAR capture when changing the instance type through Cloud console.
3. Try to upgrade with gcloud with debug flag, if it doesn't work provide me with the output.

Looking forward to your response.

Faizan