MySQL minor version upgrade

Tony Jiang

May 21, 2019, 12:45:13 PM5/21/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
According to the release notes, it looks like the MySQL 5.7 minor version hasn't been upgraded since November 2016 and the MySQL 5.6 minor version hasn't been upgraded since January 2018. Are there any plans for another upgrade soon?

Aref Amiri (Cloud Platform Support)

May 21, 2019, 7:07:11 PM5/21/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Currently, we cannot provide an estimated time for the next release, however, for Cloud SQL, each major version is supported for a minimum of three years, and automatically keeps MySQL and PostgreSQL instances up to date with patches and minor version updates. You can get more information on Cloud SQL database versions support policy here. You can also refer to our FAQ page to get a better idea of how the updates are managed.