Cloud MySql SSD to HDD?

Jesse Jordan

Nov 8, 2019, 4:36:58 PM11/8/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
We currently have a Google Cloud MySQL project that was created with SSD disks.  Are running we realize that we really don't need the SSD capacity but there is no directly apparent way to migrate the disks from SSD to the standard HDD.

Would the best course of action be to create a new instance on HDD and migrate the data?

Thoughts are options for this newbie?

JJ

Elliott (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 8, 2019, 6:38:02 PM11/8/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Jesse,

I have created a MySQL Cloud SQL instance on SSD. I then edited the settings to find out there is no option to change to HDD as you intend. The workaround, as you have discovered is to migrate the data.