Instance operations stuck in pending

Geoffrey Arnold

Jun 28, 2019, 8:02:26 PM6/28/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello,

Around 6:37PM CT today our primary (us-central-b) and and failover (us-central-a) databases are stuck with pending operations. The primary is lists the following operations:

Delete backup Operation is pending
Backup Operation is pending
Jun 28, 2019, 6:29:37 PM Failover Failover operation in progress

The failover lists the following operations:

Recreate replica Operation is pending

I am unable to connect either the primary or failover databases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Geoff.

Geoffrey Arnold

Jun 28, 2019, 9:08:16 PM6/28/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Looks like some trouble in us-central1-b:

screencapture-status-cloud-google-2019-06-28-19_58_33.png

Anyone else experiencing issues?

Ken Winke

Jul 1, 2019, 1:35:27 PM7/1/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Yep, I'm in the same boat with a primary in central-b and failover in central-a. Operations show processes running the failover a few hours ago but it's completely hung, and I can't stop/restart/fail/clone/restore or do anything to get a service running again.

Austin Quinn

Jul 1, 2019, 1:35:27 PM7/1/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I too am having this issue. Best part is I cannot restore a backup to a new instance. Great design!

outage_restore_fail.png

master instance is in us-central1-b and has the below:

outage_master.png

Failover has this:
outage_failover.png

Ken Winke

Jul 1, 2019, 1:35:27 PM7/1/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I noticed my instance and failover came back as running, but they aren't operational. Any command fails due to ongoing operations still even though it's showing memory and storage usage again. The primary is unable to show users/databases from the gcp portal. Restarts/failovers don't work and I can't change locations on it, delete the replica, or even connect to mysql via the google shell due to the ongoing operations error still.

I see how to list operations, but there's no way to cancel or kill them.

Elliott (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 2, 2019, 8:32:30 PM7/2/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Ken,

Please note that Google Groups are reserved for general Google Cloud Platform-end product discussions and not for reporting issues, which is why I suggest moving the troubleshooting to Issue Tracker[1], where issues can be turned private in case we need to gather any project specific details.