Make the work_mem configurable

Gajus Kuizinas

Jun 5, 2017, 12:56:37 PM6/5/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
My Google Cloud SQL log is flooded with messages complaining about log_temp_files, e.g.

17:33:54.069 LOG: temporary file: path "base/pgsql_tmp/pgsql_tmp26120.0", size 2971444

This is primarily because I cannot control the value of work_mem.

curiosity~ % gcloud sql instances patch mother --database-flags work_mem=8MB
When adding a new IP address to authorized networks, include existing
authorized IP addresses
. Any existing authorized IP address not
included will be de
-authorized.

Do you want to continue (Y/n)?  Y

The following message will be used for the patch API method.
{"project": "applaudience", "name": "mother", "settings": {"databaseFlags": [{"name": "work_mem", "value": "8MB"}]}}
WARNING
: This patch modifies a value that requires your instance to be
 restarted
. Submitting this patch will immediately restart your
instance
if it's running.

Do you want to continue (Y/n)?  Y

ERROR: (gcloud.sql.instances.patch) HTTPError 404: Flag requested cannot be set.

Please make work_mem configurable, as it is one of the essential configurations.

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 5, 2017, 2:35:21 PM6/5/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Google Groups is meant for general product discussions and not for technical support or issue reporting. I recommend reporting this as a feature request in the appropriate Public Issue Tracker