The default value about “idle_in_transaction_session_timeout” of PostgreSQL in CloudSQL?

張懷倫

Nov 21, 2018, 10:16:18 AM11/21/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

I spent more time to figure out this problem, but get nothing. Have anyone know the answer ?

Or teach me how to set the value "idle_in_transaction_session_timeout" of Postgres in CloudSQL.

Thanks for your help !!

Yasser Karout (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 21, 2018, 1:28:11 PM11/21/18
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
You can set idle_in_transaction_session_timeout on the session level in PostgreSQL 9.6 using SET [1]:

SET SESSION idle_in_transaction_session_timeout = '5min';

If you need this to be set at instance level, I recommend opening a Feature Request on the issue tracker website [2] so that the Cloud SQL Team can look into it as this flag is not implemented for Postgres in Cloud SQL [3]

The default value is 0 which disables the feature according to the Postgres docs [4]